Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cactus Colab



Over the past few weeks my classmate Brigitte Singh, Owner of Cacti & Co. cacti and succulents shop, collaborated with me on several projects. We discussed several topics of both our interests while trying to come up with ideas for the colaboration. I shared witt her my interest in health, diet and overall fitness and my desire to adopt a healthier lifestyle. She shared with me her passion for gardening and plants, more specifically Cacti and Succulents. I learned a lot from her about these plants. During our discussions we found mutual ground and common interests in the potential health benefits of several species of cacti and succulents. We explored several species together and even worked together to create a food with a cactus as the main ingredient and a drink with a succulent as the main ingredient. I learned that cacti do flower and bear edible fruits that are apparently really good for you too.

We collaborated on the following projects:


Citrus Aloe Cocktail
Using Aloe as the main ingredient we created a refreshing drink.





 South-West Nopales Salad
This lovely salad was made with the pads of the Prickly Pear Cactus.





Prickly Pears
Eaten fresh and raw straight off the Opuntia Cactus.



Peruvian Apple
The fruit of the columnar Cereus Peruvianus cactus.


Pitaya
The fruit of the Dragon Fruit Cacti family.


Natural Air Purifier
(Bonus: Really cool looking plant.)





No comments:

Post a Comment